Specialized Areas of Practice
No-fault divorce laws (now on the books in almost every state in the United States) mean that grounds for a divorce are no longer needed. Before no-fault divorce laws, private investigators were used to develop evidence for grounds for the divorce.
In many instances, our private investigators provide clients with evidence for peace of mind in addition to child custody and division of assets. Major issues directly effecting a divorce can include:
- Spouse Abuse
- Documented and photographs of the injuries need to be obtained.
- If the client does not or has not retained an attorney in a physical abuse case, they should be advised to contact their local prosecuting authority and police department for protection and ultimately criminal prosecution.
- Evidence of verbal abuse can easily be obtained by consensually recording conversations with a hidden audio recorder. This method is legal in South Carolina as long as the consenting party is a party of the conversation.
- Cheating spouses or adultery can usually be documented with a physical surveillance of the subject.
- Child Negligence, Abandonment and Abuse
- Child negligence, abandonment and child abuse also need to be documented by investigation. Alcohol abuse and drug abuse can usually be documented through physical surveillance and trash monitoring.
- Bigamy can be documented by carefully researching marriage records.
- Alcohol Abuse
- Drug Abuse
Bowers Investigations will work closely with your divorce attorney during the investigation to ensure that your divorce rights are protected.
Personal Injury cases include car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, product liability, premises liability, wrongful death and more.
Bowers Investigations has the resources and experience to investigate the causes of your particular personal injury case and assist you in assuring that the negligent parties are held accountable for their actions.
We assist both plaintiffs and defendants in:
- Civil investigations involving corporate, shareholder and partnership disputes
- Witness Interviews require an effective technique. These interviews are neither an interrogation nor a deposition. It is important for the private investigator to quickly establish a rapport with the witness to effectively draw out crucial information.
- Michael Bowers has over 23 years of experience as a Special Agent for the FBI in conducting fact-finding witness interviews.
- Construction claims
- Mechanic liens
- Construction defect cases
- Real estate matters
- Breach of contract
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Our supporting resources, including the most up-to-date data base and DMV Information, make our investigators in the field the most productive and successful anywhere.
- Employee wrongful termination
- Recovery of personal and real property
- Asset Location is necessary in matters involving bankruptcy, defaulted debt situations, divorce cases, and collection of judgments.
We can help you find missing persons, missing children, missing loved ones, missing friends, missing person reports, past employees, and dead beat dads.
As a former FBI Firearms Instructor and FBI SWAT Team member, Michael Bowers is now a Certified Firearms Instructor for the State of South Carolina who teaches Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) classes.